This isn't really a blog, its more of a holding page for my domain (seems a shame not to have a page), if I know you then add me on either LinkedIn or Facebook (links are on the right), however if I don't know you then I won't add you!

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Tidy up the blackberry appstore please!

Having owned an iPod touch so having used the Apple appstore I know what other appstores look like, so don't think I am being unrealistic in expecting the Blackberry Appworld (BAW) to be better. 

One of the best ways to see if apps are worth a download on most appstores is to look at the customer feedback/reviews, unfortunately nearly all of the BAW reviews read like a desperate singles ad! 

When reading reviews for the facebook app, the reviews include Taylo**** who opens with "add me, 15 male london, girls only, dirty chat and pic swapping" or Sinn**** who asks "add me, 24/m/uk whatever you want".  It appears that the reviews on BAW suffer from the "chatroulette" phenomenon, where the internet brings out the darker side in people. 

Hopefully RIM will start to clamp down on the bizarre reviews, some more decent apps would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment