This isn't really a blog, its more of a holding page for my domain (seems a shame not to have a page), if I know you then add me on either LinkedIn or Facebook (links are on the right), however if I don't know you then I won't add you!

Thursday 23 May 2013

Dissertation Series - Barriers to successful Data Mining - Inconsistent data recording


Databases are capable of storing data from many sources and as such data can be entered/recorded by different individuals/organisations, which can introduce inconsistencies into the data.
For example data mined from clothing manufacturers could compare sizes (large medium etc) although the definition of that size could range between manufacturers.  This would have to be kept in mind and factored in when understanding the underlying data. 

No comments:

Post a Comment