This isn't really a blog, its more of a holding page for my domain (seems a shame not to have a page), if I know you then add me on either LinkedIn or Facebook (links are on the right), however if I don't know you then I won't add you!

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Can I use "user" as a parameter name in SSRS (when using Oracle)

The answer is no!

Although SSRS will allow you to create a parameter called user, if using Oracle SQL it will not let you reference the parameter in a dataset, the warning “ORA-01745:invalid host/bind variable name” will be displayed whne running your dataset. 

I spent ages checking through my dataset until I realised that user must be a reserved term within the dataset that cannot coexist as a parameter name, again as per my posts hopefully this helps someone else out!

No comments:

Post a Comment